On June 20, Nolimit City, a Swedish online game developer and provider, released The Cage, a UFC-themed (Ultimate Fighting Championship) slot featuring an octagon, underground hardcore fighting ring, and is enhanced with the Avalanche Mechanic, which is already used in the provider’s Dead Canary slot, and the Roundhouse Kick (Wild Mining) and the xBomb® game mechanics.
True to its name, the main theme of the slot is the aforementioned octagon ring where fighters such as Big Fatty, One Glove Man and Little Dragon battle it out for the title of becoming the greatest and the power that comes with it. Additionally, in the background of the reels, players may see the octagon and the fighters from above.
To win, players must form a combination of 3 or more matching symbols on adjacent reels beginning from the reel furthest to the left on a dynamic grid consisting of 7 reels and 3-4-3-4-3-4-3-4-3 rows and offers 5184 paylines. Moreover, the game can be played on any device.
The basic low-value symbols are 10, J, K, Q and A, while the high-value bonus symbols are the fighters Big Fatty, Ironjaw, One Glove Man, Boa Constrictor and Little Dragon. A combination of 9 low-value bonus symbols is worth 2,5x to 3x, increasing to 3,25x to 4x a player’s bet for a combination of 9 high-value bonus symbols. Additionally, there are some special symbols such as the game’s Wild Symbol, aka a fist with the word WILD on it, the Uppercut Symbol which is a red boxing glove, and the Scatter, aka the Title Fight Symbol.
The game has high volatility, a default RTP of 96.05% and a maximum win of 25000x a player’s bet. However, the maximum win happens once every 36 million spins on average and the activation of the bonus game happens once every 205 spins on average.
Wild Knockout xBombs – this kind of Wild helps players to create extra winning combinations by replacing other symbols, besides the Scatter. Additionally, it will make the symbols in the cross pattern next to it explode. This happens with all symbols except the Knockout and Scatter Symbols, and when it occurs the win multiplier is increased by 1x.
Roundhouse Kick – if no winning combinations are created and 3, 4, 5 or 6 of the same symbols line up diagonally, this feature is triggered. As soon as it is triggered, the symbols used for activation will be eliminated to create Wilds. However, depending on whether 3, 4, 5 or 6 symbols are used for activation, 1, 2, 3 or 4 Wild Knockout xBombs are created, individually. Every time the aforementioned explosion happens, the win multiplier increases by 1x.
Title Fight Free Spins – throughout the spins, Scatters may appear on all reels, and 3 of them simultaneously trigger this feature. When triggered, the reel setup is upgraded to 3-3-3-2-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3, with 4 special title belt booster positions being placed in the middle of the reel.
During this feature, win both ways are triggered, and from the start each title belt booster is inactive. Moreover, when players start winning belts, with each one won, a belt booster will be triggered one by one. In addition, in this feature, players can get an Uppercut Symbol, and every time it appears, 1 hit point will be taken away from the opponent, which will further cause players to move to the next level. However, each new level is more difficult than the previous one.
- Fight 1 (Big Fatty) – this fighter has 3 points and players will get 3 free spins if they manage to defeat him;
- Fight 2 (Ironjaw) – this fighter also has 3 points and players will get 3 free spins if they manage to beat him;
- Fight 3 (One Glove Man) – this fighter has 4 hit points and players will receive 3 free spins if they defeat him;
- Fight 4 (Boa Constrictor) – this fighter has 5 hit points and players will receive 5 free spins if they beat him;
- Fight 5 (Little Dragon) – this fighter has unlimited hit points. However, throughout fight 5, Uppercut Symbols can no longer appear, and the only way to defeat the Little Dragon is for players to become the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT).
Additionally, the title belt may only be triggered once per spin, and if it is not activated immediately, it may still be triggered on the following tumbles:
- Title Belt 1 (Symbol Multiplier) – when players defeat Big Fatty, upcoming fights will reward symbol multiplier boosts. Also, if players get low-value symbols, they will be multiplied by 2x;
- Title Belt 2 (Symbol Transform) – when players defeat Ironjaw, upcoming fights may reward a symbol transform booster. Therefore, any low-value symbol that appears here will turn into the type of symbol that the opponent has;
- Title Belt 3 (Symbol Transform) – when players defeat One Glove Man, upcoming fights may reward a symbol transform booster. Any low-value symbol that appears here will turn into the type of symbol that the opponent has;
- Title Belt 4 (Sticky Wild) – when players defeat the Boa Constrictor and reach the championship match, all former boosters plus an additional Sticky Wild Symbol will be rewarded.
Greatest Of All Time – if the players manage to get the game’s maximum win of 250000x a player’s bet, they will have a chance to claim the title of the Greatest Of All Time. As soon as they claim it, a video sequence follows.
Bonus Buy – in order to trigger this feature, the player should want to get to the Bonus Game immediately. After it starts, a player can select one of these options:
- 68x – activation of the Title Big Fatty;
- 198x – activation of the Title Fight One Glove Man;
- 498x – activation of the Title Fight Little Dragon;
- 279x – activation of the either Big Fatty, One Glove Man or Little Dragon with a 30%, 30% and 40% chance, respectively.
Commenting on the launch, Per Lindheimer, Head of Product at Nolimit City, said: “The raw energy and anticipation of the fight ring were a huge inspiration for this high-intensity and highly volatile slot game. Step into The Cage – but just know you can’t become the GOAT without some bloody fists and a couple of black eyes along the way.“
Source: Read Full Article